How We Built Our Chickshaw | Pantry Chat Podcast Short
October 25, 2023
We’re all busy and have a lot on our schedules, and sometimes we only have time for a quick podcast. Come listen to this podcast short as we answer your questions in a short amount of time.
Today’s question is how Josh built our chickshaw.
For more information and more great Homesteading Family content, visit the website here:
MORE ABOUT US!
WELCOME! We’re so glad you’re here! We are Josh and Carolyn Thomas. Together with our eleven children, we are The Homesteading Family where we’re living a self-sustainable life in beautiful North Idaho. Let us welcome you and show you a bit about us here:
Grow, Preserve & Thrive with us!
Visit us on our blog:
A few highlights you don’t want to miss are our FREEBIES!!
Healthy Healing at Home – Learn how to confidently use herbal medicine in your home with this FREE 4 video workshop:
Your Best Loaf – A Free 4 video workshop teaching you how to make great bread at home, every time, regardless of the recipe you are using:
Meals on Your Shelf – Can along with me! Learn to can and put jars of a delicious meal on your pantry shelf with this FREE video series:
FREE PDF DOWNLOADS:
– Homesteading Family’s Favorite Holiday Recipes – Grab all of our family’s favorite holiday recipes.
– 5 Steps to a More Self-Sufficient Life – Simple steps anyone can take wherever they are to start a more self-sufficient lifestyle.
– Thrive Wellness Checklist – A simple guide for healthy living:
– Permaculture for Your Homestead- An introduction to permaculture with some strategies for applying it to one’s homestead and garden. https://homesteadingfamily.com/PFYH_YT
– Carolyn’s Cottage Garden herb list – Carolyn’s favorite herbs for growing at home. https://homesteadingfamily.com/CGHL_YT
– Carolyn’s Make-Ahead Breakfast Casseroles – These easy casseroles are a life-saver for busy weeks!
– Your FREE Guide to Preserving Eggs – Grab your guide to preserving eggs with multiple methods.
– 5 Steps to a Healthy Garden – Get an explanation of what makes healthy soil and 5 steps you can take to improve your garden.
– Save the Crumbs- Several Recipes for using bread leftovers, a less committal entry to bread than the workshop.
– Fearless Fermenting- A simple guide on basic lacto-ferments.
– Fermenting Tomatoes – Easiest and fastest tomato preservation:
– Preserving Culinary Herbs – Downloadable, step-by-step directions to drying, freezing, and salting culinary herbs.
– Render Your Own Lard – Grab these easy instructions on how to render your own lard.
– Grandma Lynn’s Blueberry Buckle – A delicious dessert anytime of year:
To ask you I got it I'm I'm on to it now I caught on we're working together most Of the time Okay the Hunter and the bull Homestead I Like that I love your chicken chick shot Love that's how it's written just so you Guys know that's how it's written I love My Chick-fil-A I love your chick shot Did you create that from creativity or Did you use plans well neither I can't Take total credit for it but I am not Good at boilerplate and plans Um so I got that from two sources one From Jeff Lawton's Farm in Australia That I spent some time on studying Permaculture and two from Justin Rhodes Who also spent some time on Jeff Lawton's farm and made his own design From that experience and if you've ever Seen his permaculture chickens he Teaches you all how to build that so if You like boilerplate Justin's got a Great design I modified that to work for Us just the way I like to build it and Um came out great yeah I think you have A video out that kind of explains that Because you modified it to be more Appropriate for the snow loads we get up Here in the Colder Weather well I did on The I think what you're referring to is The chicken tractors oh okay but yes I Had to modify this too because I don't Do that I don't do boilerplate but this Is the chick Shaw for the hens that are
They're out there in the uh you know the Future Food Forest Area there and um so Yeah yeah that's that's just a Modification okay yep good but very Close to something Jeff Lawton would do Or Justin Rose