HomeAll VideosWhat Freeze Dryer Do We Use? | Pantry Chat Podcast Short
What Freeze Dryer Do We Use? | Pantry Chat Podcast Short
October 18, 2023
We’re all busy and have a lot on our schedules, and sometimes we only have time for a quick podcast. Come listen to this podcast short as we answer your questions in a short amount of time.
Today’s question is answering what freeze dryer we use.
For more information and my one-year review of the Harvest Right freeze dryer, visit the website here:
MORE ABOUT US!
WELCOME! We’re so glad you’re here! We are Josh and Carolyn Thomas. Together with our eleven children, we are The Homesteading Family where we’re living a self-sustainable life in beautiful North Idaho. Let us welcome you and show you a bit about us here:
Grow, Preserve & Thrive with us!
Visit us on our blog:
A few highlights you don’t want to miss are our FREEBIES!!
Healthy Healing at Home – Learn how to confidently use herbal medicine in your home with this FREE 4 video workshop:
Your Best Loaf – A Free 4 video workshop teaching you how to make great bread at home, every time, regardless of the recipe you are using:
Meals on Your Shelf – Can along with me! Learn to can and put jars of a delicious meal on your pantry shelf with this FREE video series:
FREE PDF DOWNLOADS:
– Homesteading Family’s Favorite Holiday Recipes – Grab all of our family’s favorite holiday recipes.
– 5 Steps to a More Self-Sufficient Life – Simple steps anyone can take wherever they are to start a more self-sufficient lifestyle.
– Thrive Wellness Checklist – A simple guide for healthy living:
– Permaculture for Your Homestead- An introduction to permaculture with some strategies for applying it to one’s homestead and garden. https://homesteadingfamily.com/PFYH_YT
– Carolyn’s Cottage Garden herb list – Carolyn’s favorite herbs for growing at home. https://homesteadingfamily.com/CGHL_YT
– Carolyn’s Make-Ahead Breakfast Casseroles – These easy casseroles are a life-saver for busy weeks!
– Your FREE Guide to Preserving Eggs – Grab your guide to preserving eggs with multiple methods.
– 5 Steps to a Healthy Garden – Get an explanation of what makes healthy soil and 5 steps you can take to improve your garden.
– Save the Crumbs- Several Recipes for using bread leftovers, a less committal entry to bread than the workshop.
– Fearless Fermenting- A simple guide on basic lacto-ferments.
– Fermenting Tomatoes – Easiest and fastest tomato preservation:
– Preserving Culinary Herbs – Downloadable, step-by-step directions to drying, freezing, and salting culinary herbs.
– Render Your Own Lard – Grab these easy instructions on how to render your own lard.
– Grandma Lynn’s Blueberry Buckle – A delicious dessert anytime of year:
Carolyn Parker on the pantry chat Feeding Hungry Boys what kind of freeze Dryer do you use uh we have a Harvest Right freeze dryer and we have the large Version of it which yep is large for Home use still maybe a little small for Our family but most things are so you Kind of need commercial we do yeah yeah But yeah that is a wonderful machine And we got the upgraded oil pump And I I'll tell you what I have not had To change the oil on it yet which is one Of those things that can be kind of a Pain with a freeze dryer if you get the Standard oil pump you have to change the Oil on that every two to three uses I Think is what's recommended quite a bit Yeah um if you get the upgraded one it Goes to like 35 to 45 uses every that Many that you have to change the oil and I have not had to do it yet so that I've Been really pleased with that and that That makes a big difference in your Efforts yes and now that just that that Upgraded oil one it has that benefit Um there is an an oilless one oh okay But know that it's much louder okay is What I was told and so if you're looking Into these in options the oil is one Would be cool but it's much louder so Depending on where you house it that Could be a problem and so this one's Great because it's not loud no it really Is it really goes a long time between