HomeAll VideosWhen Do You Plant Elderberries? | Pantry Chat Podcast Short
When Do You Plant Elderberries? | Pantry Chat Podcast Short
November 1, 2023
We’re all busy and have a lot on our schedules, and sometimes we only have time for a quick podcast. Come listen to this podcast short as we answer your questions in a short amount of time.
Today’s question is all about when you should plant elderberries.
For more information and more great Homesteading Family content, visit the website here:
MORE ABOUT US!
WELCOME! We’re so glad you’re here! We are Josh and Carolyn Thomas. Together with our eleven children, we are The Homesteading Family where we’re living a self-sustainable life in beautiful North Idaho. Let us welcome you and show you a bit about us here:
Grow, Preserve & Thrive with us!
Visit us on our blog:
A few highlights you don’t want to miss are our FREEBIES!!
Healthy Healing at Home – Learn how to confidently use herbal medicine in your home with this FREE 4 video workshop:
Your Best Loaf – A Free 4 video workshop teaching you how to make great bread at home, every time, regardless of the recipe you are using:
Meals on Your Shelf – Can along with me! Learn to can and put jars of a delicious meal on your pantry shelf with this FREE video series:
FREE PDF DOWNLOADS:
– Homesteading Family’s Favorite Holiday Recipes – Grab all of our family’s favorite holiday recipes.
– 5 Steps to a More Self-Sufficient Life – Simple steps anyone can take wherever they are to start a more self-sufficient lifestyle.
– Thrive Wellness Checklist – A simple guide for healthy living:
– Permaculture for Your Homestead- An introduction to permaculture with some strategies for applying it to one’s homestead and garden. https://homesteadingfamily.com/PFYH_YT
– Carolyn’s Cottage Garden herb list – Carolyn’s favorite herbs for growing at home. https://homesteadingfamily.com/CGHL_YT
– Carolyn’s Make-Ahead Breakfast Casseroles – These easy casseroles are a life-saver for busy weeks!
– Your FREE Guide to Preserving Eggs – Grab your guide to preserving eggs with multiple methods.
– 5 Steps to a Healthy Garden – Get an explanation of what makes healthy soil and 5 steps you can take to improve your garden.
– Save the Crumbs- Several Recipes for using bread leftovers, a less committal entry to bread than the workshop.
– Fearless Fermenting- A simple guide on basic lacto-ferments.
– Fermenting Tomatoes – Easiest and fastest tomato preservation:
– Preserving Culinary Herbs – Downloadable, step-by-step directions to drying, freezing, and salting culinary herbs.
– Render Your Own Lard – Grab these easy instructions on how to render your own lard.
– Grandma Lynn’s Blueberry Buckle – A delicious dessert anytime of year:
All right let's see Laura M 6718 asks what is the time of Year to plant elderberries okay good Question and you know that's an it Depends question on both your climate And the elderberries generally the Spring and generally as soon as the Ground is workable Um especially if you are planting Cuttings or bare root uh that haven't Leafed out yet uh you want to get those In as early as you can but try to avoid Avoid any freezes and that can be the Trick in some of our Northern Mountainous climates is getting it in After the freezes are stopped but not Too late that it gets so hot Um and but you know if they're close and You can give them a lot of attention That's okay if they're potted if you're Buying some potted ones you've got a Little more leeway but certainly best in Any of the colder climates to get it in In the spring so that it will root out Well before winter and have a better Chance of surviving Um there we go I think I think we need a Shirt that says Josh says it depends can That be a homesteading family yeah it Could be yeah that is the answer I like It okay all right